Thursday, February 13, 2014

X-Mitts

I was so impressed with Toby Roxane Designs when I first came across them at a small, local Fiber Festival, last year.  I purchased 2 of her patterns and I have completed the first.   

The X-Mitts pattern was well written. Although I'm an in the round knitter whenever possible, she offered instructions for both flat and in the round knitting.  She also offered the stitch counts and charts for both fingering and worsted weight yarn.   

I  wear a lot of red and blue, and jeans are practically my uniform.  I decided to use stashed Knit Picks  yarn for these mitts.  The Dockside colorway of Felici Sport would work with a lot of my wardrobe. I purchased this yarn when it was a clearance color and weight, but I'll link here, to Felici Sock, which is the same yarn, just a lighter weight.   


I love the yarn. I made my Hedgerow Mitts from this same yarn in the colorway Riverbed. It's extremely soft and reasonably priced for a 75% superwash merino 25% nylon blend.

The X-Mitts knitted up easily, even with me knitting them 2 at a time.  The pattern does require a right and left mitt, so I reversed the right mitt instructions for the left mitt, rather than reading the pattern for the left.   There will be a little more detail about the mechanics of knitting these mitts on my Ravelry project page, to which I hope to post tonight, or at latest, sometime during this weekend.

I enjoyed everything about this project and I will probably make some more X-Mitts. I knitted a long forearm rather than knitting the cuff wrist length as in the pattern because in spring and fall I wear a lot of capes and like to have my arms covered. I also think they look good that length.  






1 comment:

  1. I like the long cuff Denise, looks elegant and is warm. Hope you are dug out from the latest snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It will appear as soon as it is moderated, unless deemed inappropriate for the sealed4ever blog content.

most recent posts: